This post is all about homemade gifts with Mason Jar Dry Soup Mix Recipes.
We love to create unique gifts that are both practical and meaningful. Mason Jars can be used for all kinds of things, from displaying photos to storing spices.
But one of our favorite uses for Mason Jars is making soup mixes!
With a few simple ingredients, you can make a variety of delicious dry soups that your friends and family will enjoy
Mason jar dry mixes are amazing and the perfect thing for meal prep. The idea of keeping all the dry ingredients for one meal in a jar is intriguing.
There are a number of soup recipes that we are about to share that offer dry mixes for soups to use.
There are some outstanding recipes for mason jar soup dry mixes that are the perfect thoughtful gift.
These soup mixes are wonderful as inexpensive homemade gifts without all the extra cost. Plus you get to enjoy your favorite soup recipe.
There is just something delightful about sharing a dry mix with your friends and family.
It offers them a piece of you in a way. When you pick a recipe that you and your family would eat as well as share, it’s an extension of you and your life.
As much as we love mason jar salad recipes and mason jar dessert recipes, we find that the mason jar gifts offer a very personal touch and look into our life.
We always add these Mason Jar Lid Labels to our homemade gifts for friends and family.
In fact, it might even be our favorite part of turning an ordinary soup mix into a great gifts with a personal touch.
Just slap a sticker on a new lid and admire that new Christmas gift, bithday gift or “just because” gift that you can now give to family and friends.
Don’t Forget to Make your Soup Recipes Easy to Use
Like we just said, Use Mason Jar Labels! For the Mason Jar dry soup mixes recipes, you really need a label.
It’s a great way to call your soup something special. Like Melinda’s Mason Jar Dry Mix Potato Soup or even a more generic term like “Five Bean Mason Jar Dry Mix Soup.”
If you have a label, that sticks on the side of the mason jar, you will not need to worry about someone losing the tag or anything with the instructions.
Mason Jar Dry Soup Mix Recipe Instructions Are Important!
Last year we got a lovely jar of a dry mix soup. Was absolutely thrilled to try it. Our friend, excited to share, rattled off the directions and told us happy holidays.
Well, the gesture was delightful, but the soup mix has yet to be tasted. We’re too embarrassed to call and ask for the instructions again. And if you leave out the directions for your friends, the same will happen too.
That’s why you need to make sure that every dry delicious soup mix recipe has cooking instructions that are on the mason jar, or on a tag around the lid and you may consider emailing a copy too.
This way, the mason jar soup mix instructions are easy to find and will be enjoyed.
If you know of various ways to use the soup mix, like on the stove top in a soup pot, in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or Crock-pot, make sure to share those with friends as well. Any ideas and suggestions for homemade soups are always very much appreciated.
You may also love a few of our other Mason Jar Gift ideas like our Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar and our Pancake Mix in a Jar. More festive ones that we love are the Caramel Apple Cider Sangria and the Christmas Holiday Sangria.
Don’t Forget the Importance of Soup Mix Ingredients
Mason Jar Dry Soup Mix Ingredients need to be listed. It’s how you know what you will be getting for your soup base.
When offering homemade items, we typically know our friend’s health issues (or at least what they like or don’t like to eat).
However, the need for an ingredient list is important for your mason jar dry soup mix recipe. Just so they know the ingredients.
Otherwise, if they are unclear and there is a health issue for the family or even personally, they may decide not to use the gift.
A simple list will clear up any confusion and they can enjoy your dry soup mix gift at their leisure.
You just need some pantry staples and your favorite seasonings to make your dried mix, it’s wonderful.
Tips For Making Your Mixes
- Layering your Mason Jar Dry Soup Ingredients is possible. If it’s important to have pretty layered ingredients, then you should layer them based on the weight of the ingredients. Light powders go in first at the bottom of the jar, followed by heavier grains and then larger pieces such as noodles go towards the top of the jar.
- Also if wanted, to avoid layers bleeding into each other, cut small round pieces of wax paper to place between the ingredients to keep from seeping through.
- It’s not always necessary to layer your Mason Jar ingredients and some dry soup mixes don’t lean towards using this option. So please, don’t worry! Mix as needed outside of your jar and place in as you typically would.
- Decorate with a label, tag, and instructions! It looks good that way too!
- Use NEW. The best part about dry mixes for soups is it’s inexpensive to put together. Of course, you buy the items in bulk and start to put together as needed. Even with all the supplies and new mason jars (which all my gifts are in new jars with new lids), it’s typically less than $5 a gift. This is an amazing low price for a sincere holiday gift.
- If you don’t have mason jars, you can use a glass jar or another airtight container.
Some Benefits of Dry Homemade Soup Mixes Recipes:
- Soups are fun: Even if you have special dietary needs, the primary ingredients are grains. For the most part, these are easy for people to digest.
- Quick to make: The homemade gifts are quick to put together. Especially if you gather all the ingredients and put together all the gifts in an afternoon. Many recipes just require adding hot water or boiling water and you’re ready to go.
- Easy on the Budget: The per mason jar gift is low in cost but high flavor. Your wallet will thank you for keeping an eye on the budget.
- You can Personalize the Gift: Personalizing the gift will allow your friends to know it came from the heart!
- Mother Nature’s Friend: It’s environmentally friendly. Your gift is used and the jar can be used again and again for other things as needed.
The types of dry soup mixes on this list will have you thinking about beans, noodles, and potatoes. The mason jar dry mix bean soups are delicious and so are all the mason jar dry mix pasta soups. Check out the recipes to see what you feel is best for a thoughtful homemade gift.
And if you’re looking for another fantastic soup in a jar- try out our homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in a Jar recipe. It’s always a hit.
Here Are The Best Dry Mix Soup Recipes in a Jar:
Mason jar dry mix soups are perfect homemade gifts, but you might find they are perfect for you too. Don’t hesitate to try any of the dry mix recipes to see how they taste for you and your family to eat. Sometimes the best recipes we find looking for ideas for others!
Also try out our Asian Noodle Soup recipe!
If you love mason jars as much as we do, check out the rest of our site. We’ve got some great mason jar salad recipes to explore and many delicious mason jar meal recipes too!