Tired of eating boring old salads? The best way to change up the taste and flavor is to top it with this Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe! Not only does it take just 5 minutes to make but the fresh strawberries and sweet honey create the perfect homemade dressing!
We love eating salads. We really do. But sometimes, that baby spinach and leafy greens are anything but exciting. I used to kind of force my way through my fresh salad and just deal with whatever store-bought dressing we had in the house – but once we started making this simple homemade Strawberry vinaigrette recipe, our thoughts on eating salads totally changed.
Stop buying your salad dressing at the store and make your own. Seriously, the flavor and taste will be unlike ANYTHING that you’ll buy off the shelves. (This simple dressing is SO good, even the kids will want their own bowl of salad!).
And if we are being honest, this strawberry salad dressing really took our strawberry spinach salad up a notch! Looking at a boring green salad just isn’t possible anymore.
Speaking of good, be sure and try our Pomegranate Salad Dressing in a Jar Recipe, too!
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- All you need is 5 minutes of time!
- You get to use fresh strawberries for natural sweetness!
- Adding homemade vinaigrette is a super simple way to get everyone in the house to eat more veggies.
What we REALLY love about this dressing recipe is that it just tastes like summer. Fresh and delicious!
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
Get ready to see just how simple it can be to make your own salad toppings and dressings right at home!
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
- Olive oil
Tools Needed for Homemade Salad Dressing
Measuring Cups and Spoons
- HIGH QUALITY DURABLE AND STURDY – These Laxinis World Measuring Cups and Spoons are made of highly satin brushed with best quality stainless steel which will never rust! They are durable and attractive looking, easy to clean, and can be placed in the dishwasher safely after using.
Food Processor or Blender
- Bowl scraper attachment: Special attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep ingredients close to the blades for more even results and to save you time when chopping or pureeing — no need to stop and remove the lid to use a spatula
- 700 watts: Peak blending power for powerful ice crushing.
- Wave action system: 700 watt power blender continuously pulls mixture down into the blades for consistently smooth results.
- 12 blending functions: Multi-function blender with only 5 simple buttons on the easy to read control panel. Power blender creates smoothies, icy drinks, shakes, and more.
- Easy to clean: Blades remove for easy cleaning. Jar, blades, and lid are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Clean, easy pour: Multi-function blender with unique, no mess pouring spout.
Mason Jar for Storing
- SET OF 6 HIGH QUALITY MASON JARS - Our 8 oz mason jars are made of USDA approved highest quality glass for maximum durability. They are Lead-Free, BPA free, dishwasher safe, waterbath safe, and freezer safe if filled less than 5 oz. And the silver lids are lab certified corrosion-resistant material.
How To Make This Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe
Grab your simple ingredients and get to work making this strawberry dressing.
- Add all the ingredients except the olive oil to your food processor or blender. Mix everything until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides to make sure everything fully incoporates as you blend.
- Once the strawberry mixture is completely mixed, add in the olive oil. Slowly pour in the oil if using a food process. If using a blender, add half in the container, blend, add in the remainder and blend again.
- Using an immersion blender to mix your homemade sweet salad dressing can help make the process go faster.
- Make sure you’re using sweet strawberries. Using ripe strawberries will help bring out the sweeter flavor we are going for. In season strawberries are the best to use, but if needed frozen strawberries will suffice.
Here are some ingredient substitutions you can try, keep in mind changing the original recipe will alter the taste of the dressing.
Swap sweeteners– instead of honey, try agave syrup, maple syrup or add extra honey.
Swap lime– swap the lime zest and juice for lemon juice and lemon zest.
Add texture– if you like some texture to make the perfect salad, add sunflower seeds, fresh cracked black pepper and chia seeds to garnish your salad.
Trade out ACV– use red wine vinegar instead.
How Do You Use A Vinaigrette?
We use this as a topper for salads, but it could be great to drizzle on top of cottage cheese or even add to Greek yogurt to give it a sweet taste. Making your own dressings is incredibly easy and the perfect way to take a good salad, or a simple salad, up a notch – to your new favorite salad.
Personally, we love this with a fresh summer salad, like a spinach strawberry salad. We love tossing extra chopped strawberries on top as it really brings out the sweetness of fresh strawberries in the good vinaigrette. Talk about the perfect summer salad – YUM!
Can You Use Vinaigrette As A Marinade?
You bet! This would be a super fun idea to marinate chicken and see how noticeable the flavor is!
How To Store Vinaigrette Dressing
For the best flavor and taste, you’ll want to store this in an airtight container like your Mason Jar, in the fridge to keep it nice and cool. The flavor is just so refreshing when it’s chilled!
How Long Is easy strawberry vinaigrette good for?
Homemade dressing lasts a week to 2 weeks kept in the fridge in your jar or airtight container.
Can You Freeze Vinaigrette?
You don’t want to freeze this recipe. The vinegar and the oil will separate during the freezing process. And while they will come back together when mixed after thawing, we just find that it causes the taste and the texture to be changed after that point. This is better to eat fresh and keep it stored in the fridge.
How Do You Zest A Lime?
Zesting a lime is so much fun! Start by cleaning the outside of the lime really well and then drying it off. Use your zester and start to rub it on the outside of the bright green lime. Have a bowl underneath and catch those little “shavings.” You’ll zest until you get the amount that you need.
If you get down to the white portion of the lime, just rotate it and zest on another green portion!
Other Salad Recipes
Are you looking for even more fun salad recipes to try?
- 11 Keto Mason Jar Salad Recipes
- 15 Kale Mason Jar Salads to Enjoy
- 9 Fresh Mason Jar Fruit Salad Recipes to Enjoy
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ⅔ cup strawberries chopped
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Lime zest about 1 large lime
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Put all of your ingredients in a blender except olive oil. Mix well until combined. You may need to scrape the sides to make sure every fully incorporates when blending.
- Once your strawberry mixture is fully mixed, add in your olive oil. If using a food processor, slowly pour in your olive oil. If using a blender, add in about 1/2 of your olive oil. Blend. Add in the remaining amount. Blend.
Keep On Sippin’ On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later