There’s no reason to be crabby after a few sips of our apple vodka Grinch Cocktail. With a hint of lemon-lime soda and a few ice cubes, you can turn that frown upside down in a matter of minutes.
It’s a mean one, this Grinch Cocktail, and we mean this in the best of ways.
As a holiday mixer, this Grinch Cocktail is a show stopper and one that caters to a wide range of palettes. Half vodka, half soda, it’s a sparkly brew that draws in both the fruit and grain lovers with its citrus undertones.
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Why You’ll Love This
- Melon and lemon flavored
- A Vibrant spritz
- Perfect for brunch and afternoon soirees
- Wallet-friendly ingredients
Citrus-infused spirits bring a sense of warmth to the dreariness of the winter holidays. For times when all you want to do is pull up the covers and turn the heat on high, Grinch Cocktails gives a sense of cheerfulness- at least to get you in the mood for your agenda.
Inspired by the classic grouchy rascal himself, our Tipsy Grinch Punch is a brightly colored spirit with a sharp bite and a witty disposition.
- Sweet melon liquer
- Green Apple Vodka
- Lemon-lime soda
- Red Sparkle Gel
- VERSATILE & PROFESSIONAL. Long, professional and well balanced - this cocktail mixing spoon has the most outstanding and attractive advantages. Effortlessly mixes and blends cocktails with just simple stirs, allowing you to create tasty and beautiful looking drinks.
Mason Jar for Serving
- 2-Regular Mouth glass preserving Mason Jar. 2-Regular Mouth Lids. 2-Regular Mouth Bands.
How To Make A Grinch Green Cocktail
- Decorate the edge of your Mason Jar with the sparkle red gel, adding a Grinch heart and whatever else you’d like. Add your ice cubes into the jar.
- Add in a shot of sweet melon liqueur, a shot of green apple vodka and stir together with stirring spoon.
- Add in 2 oz of lemon-lime soda and stir again.
- Serve and enjoy.
What Does A Grinch Cocktail Taste Like?
At first sip, the strong taste of green apple vodka greets you head-on, and while your taste buds still work through the bite, the sweetness of sugared melon jolts you back into reality- well, enough to take another sip at least.
Friends will cheer at the thought of something other than eggnog and tasting candy canes for a change, and your colleagues will be impressed with your hidden bartender skills that you may even earn a few favors to cash in on later on down the road.
This Grinch Drink with Alcohol tastes like an apple melon spiked cocktail.
What Kind Of Melon Liqueur To Use?
When in the process of choosing your sweet melon liqueur for this Grinch Juice, think sweet, sharp, and sugary. The Japanese Midori Melon Liqueur is a classic bartender staple, and cult fan favorite infuses two types of sweet melons to make the perfect 40 proof liqueur.
It hasn’t been on the scene long; however, it’s developed such a mass following that rivals such as BOLs, DeKuyper, and Mr. Stacks are trying their hardest to keep up.
Paired with other citrus notes, the sweet and sour flavoring is balanced out and gives this Grinch Cocktail an unmistakable sophisticated vibe- which is where you’ll score your brownie points with your guests.
More Info On Which Vodka To Use
Not to be rivaled in its flavoring, green apple vodka is a force to be reckoned with. Its electric green hue and tart kick makes it stand out amongst the crowd and even make the Grinch green with envy.
Brands such as Ciroc Apply Vodka and Three Olives Jacked Apple Vodka bring this cocktail to life, and whether you enjoy the sweet and sugary or the tart and bitter parts, you can indulge in a variety of palettes in one quick swoop.
Why Use Lemon Lime In This Drink
Rounding out the alcohol contents is the splash of lemon-lime soda, or in my case, the citrus capper. It is here where the Grinch Cocktail takes shape and turns into a lively elixir fit for a party.
The crispiness of the bubbles adds a nice touch to the green apple vodka giving it an affectionate embrace before creating chaos for your organs.
Some may consider soda to alcohol mixes a bit juvenile, but with a theme focused on a children’s classic, I think of it as a playful flashback on our Cindy Lou Who days. Great if you’re attending a holiday-themed party and looking for a plus one as the Grinch Cocktail would be welcomed with open arms.
Swap Vodka– try using rum, tequila or even champagne.
Trade out lemon-lime soda– try using lemon ginger ale instead.
Add fresh fruit– add a slice of apple or some watermelon slush for flavoring- this may alter the coloring, so be careful.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t overdo the alcohol in these drinks, make sure to use enough soda.
- Decorate your mason jar before you add your ice and drink cocktail.
- If making these for a large crowd, avoid making them in a large pitcher as it can be hard to get the alcohol to soda ratio correct.
- Grinch Meringue Pops | Coming soon A fun holiday treat for both adults and kids.
- Grinch Sugar Cookie Dip | A fun dessert dip for all who love The Mean One.
- Winter Cookie Dip | Another fantastic dip to enjoy with all your sweet treats.
- Grinch Cake Mix Cookies | A fun gift to give or use to make your own cookies.
Easy Grinch Cocktail
- 1 ounce sweet melon liqueur
- 1 ounce green apple vodka
- 2 ounces lemon lime soda
- Red Sparkle Gel
- Grab your mason jar and decorate the edge of the glass rim with red sparkle gel. Add Grinch Juice Heart to outside of jar. Once decorated, place your ice cubes into the glass.
- Next, pour in 1 oz of sweet melon liqueur, 1 oz of green apple vodka, and stir.
- Carefully pour in 2 oz of lemon-lime soda, stir and serve.
Keep On Sippin’ On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later