You’ll love this quick and easy Strawberry Oatmeal Protein Smoothie recipe. It fills you up and is a healthy option that is oh so incredibly delicious and decadent. Fresh Strawberries, yogurt, and protein powder are just a few of the yummy ingredients to needed to make this creamy filling breakfast smoothie.
This protein packed Strawberry Smoothie recipe is ready in just a few minutes. You only need a handful of pantry staple ingredients and you’ll be ready to blend away.
We’ve been known to enjoy a good smoothie around here. Our easy-peasy apple pie smoothie was quite the hype for a while, we couldn’t keep apples in the house long enough!
And what’s also great about this recipe is you only need a handful of ingredients you already have in your refrigerator and cabinets (most likely). No need to make an extra trip to the store when you can grocery shop your own cabinets and fridge stock to create the perfect sweet smoothie.
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Why You’ll Love This
- Perfect for pre or post workout pick me up
- East breakfast, lunch or snack
- Delicious fruity, sweet strawberries are a big part of this perfect healthy breakfast!
- Oats help bulk out your smoothies so you stay full and satisfied
- Easy to customize so you don’t get bored
- Simple to make a creamy texture smoothie or one with a thicker consistency
Get more info on the ingredients and quantities needed for this delicious smoothie recipe in the recipe card shared below.
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla protein powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes
Helpful Tools To Make A Smoothie
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough ingredient.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Mason Jars for Storing and Serving
- 6 PACK – This Mason Jar bundle comes with (6) 16 oz Regular Mouth jars. The jar's sides end with “12 oz” and the rest of the space between the end of the marking scale and the lid amounts to 4 oz , thus this means that altogether the capacity of the jar is 16 OZ.
- KITCHEN ESSENTIAL: This set of 3 bamboo cutting boards are perfect for everyday food preparation, from slicing fruit to chopping veggies and is a perfect kitchen starter set, housewarming gift or back-to-school essential
- SET INCLUDES: 8-inch Chef Knife, 8-inch Slicing Knife, 7-inch Santoku Knife, 5.5-inch Utility Knife, 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 2.75-inch Bird's Beak Paring Knife, 4.5-inch Steak Knives (6), 8-inch Sharpening Steel, All-Purpose Household Shears and Wooden Block
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Cuisinart’s Classic Forged Triple Rivet Cutlery possesses superior high-carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy
- TOTAL CONTROL: Durable extra-wide safety bolster for perfect stability and control
- WELL BUILT: Stainless steel rivets to secure the full-tang blade to the ergonomically designed handle
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Cuisinart Cutlery is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal home use from the date of original purchase throughout the original purchaser’s lifetime. Please see Product Documentation below
How To Make A Strawberry Oatmeal Protein Smoothie
- Add all your ingredients to your blender and blend on high. Make any adjustments as necessary to get to your desired texture.
- Pour smoothies into your Mason Jars and enjoy.
Vary Fruits– it’s very common to add a banana to make this a strawberry banana protein smoothie. But feel free to think outside the box, try blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and pineapple. Choose what you love and what you have on hand.
Swap milk– instead of regular cow’s milk or skim milk, try other milk sources, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk (learn to make your own here!), pea milk, coconut milk, etc. We have so many options available to us now it’s crazy.
We think homemade oat milk would pair well with this recipe too since it uses oats already!
Trade yogurt– change flavors of Greek yogurt or go for another yogurt source, just like above, if you pair it with the same kind of milk, the flavors will mesh even better.
Try a new protein powder– Not every protein powder is created equally. We recommend using a quality made protein powder that uses effective, safe and healthy ingredients.
Add a dash of peanut butter powder– for a little extra added protein that you’re sure to enjoy, add a spoonful of your favorite peanut butter powder.
Drizzle with your favorite sauces– have you been dreaming of a delicious chocolate covered strawberry? Take this opportunity to add a drizzle of your favorite homemade chocolate sauce on top of your DIY strawberry smoothie. You could also drizzle a little maple syrup for some natural sweetness.
Add crunchy toppings– add chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, etc.
Tips & Tricks
- Freeze your mason jar to help keep your smoothie colder longer.
- See below for tips on thinning or thickening up your smoothie.
- Feel free to add in any of the variations to make your favorite new protein packed smoothie.
- If using fresh strawberries, make sure you rinse them thoroughly, slice them and then discard the green tops and roughage before using.
- If you are only making one smoothie, you’ll need to cut all ingredients in half.
What Kind Of Oats Should I Use?
We suggest using rolled oats for your smoothie. But you can use whatever oats you prefer. Common oat choices are rolled oats, quick oats, steel cut oats and more.
Frozen Or Fresh Fruit?
Everyone always wants to know what’s better for your health and for your smoothies.
Should you use fresh or frozen fruit. Well, we say try using fresh if you have it, BUT frozen is just as good!
Especially if it’s something you grew and froze yourself and know that it’s artificial ingredient free and isn’t packed with preservatives and unnecessary ingredients.
Can You Add Raw Oats To A Smoothie?
Wondering if it’s safe to add raw oats to your Strawberry Smoothie? Well, the answer is, yes it is!
In fact, adding raw oats are great for your health! Soaking them in overnight oat recipes has become popular and for a great reason. Did you know we had a Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oat breakfast recipe?
We also just shared a delicious Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats in a jar recipe that reminds of a a nice slice of Banana and Chocolate Chip Bread!
Should I Soak Oats First?
This is a personal preference. If you’re wanting even more positive nutrition from you oats, you could soak them before using but this is not REQUIRED.
You’ll be adding them to the blender and that will whip them around into your smoothie. Some people have a texture problem and prefer to soak vs. not soak their oats. If you know which texture you prefer, please use them that way.
We like to add a dash of extra oats as a garnish, but that again is a personal preference and not a requirement. The raw oats texture doesn’t bother us.
How Do You Thicken Strawberry Oatmeal Protein Smoothie?
If you smoothie shake is too thin there are a couple things to try.
- Try adding more frozen fruit, oats, ice cubes or protein powder and stir again.
- Try tossing it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Add another dollop of yogurt.
How Do You Thin A Strawberry Protein Smoothie?
If you like a thinner shake or are having a hard time enjoying your shake or getting it to come up through a straw, we have a few ideas for you.
- Try adding in water and blending again.
- Try adding in more milk and blending again.
- Let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to “soften” and thin a bit before enjoying.
Can You Freeze A Homemade Protein Smoothie?
If you want to freeze a smoothie and then enjoy it later, you sure can.
We recommend making your smoothie, freezing it in a freezer safe jar and then pulling it out and letting it thaw a bit in the fridge before you want to consume it.
How Long Is This Smoothie Good For?
For best texture and flavor, we recommend enjoying your strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe right away. If you are making it for future use, make sure to freeze it as directed above.
Looking for some more healthy breakfast smoothies and quick breakfast ideas? Try out some of these:
- Over 30 easy Mason Jar Egg Recipes to bulk out your morning.
- Our favorite Keto recipes in a jar are always nice for meal prep and planning and sticking on track to your dietary choices
- Fall favorite pumpkin smoothie has always been a huge hit with all the pumpkin lovers
- Simple Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats are a filling and delicious dessert for breakfast!
Easy + Quick Strawberry Protein Oatmeal Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6-8 ice cubes
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to keep up with all our new recipes. Tag us if you make the recipe on IG or share your thoughts by commenting on the pin on Pinterest.
Keep On Sippin’ On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later