If you're on the hunt for the perfect Peppermint Cheesecake recipe, this is it! Creamy, smooth, and sweet cheesecake filling topped with crushed candy, all sitting on a bed of crushed chocolate cookies to create the perfect holiday dessert recipe.
This recipe makes two small jars of cheesecake and two eight ounce jars, for a total of 24 ounces of cheesecake. You can easily double or even triple this recipe. Plus, you can make them in different sized jars to be able to serve as individual servings.
Any dessert that can be fully ready to go in 30 minutes or less is something we are here for! Watch how easy it is to make a chocolate peppermint cheesecake with this simple recipe!
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
💛 Why You'll Love This No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- No need to mess with the oven
- Perfect for holidays when you already have other recipes that need the oven space
- Everyone will love it
- Fun and festive
- Easier to make than traditional cheesecake- no need for that testy springform pan
- No water bath is necessary!
For the Crumble Crust
- Chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- Unsalted butter
For the peppermint cheesecake filling
- Cool whip
- Cream cheese
- Cookie fillings (removed and saved from the chocolate cookies used to make the crust crumble)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Peppermint candy
Hand Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer
[amazon box="B01K2FQ4DE" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
Measuring Cups and Spoons
[amazon box="B01E2HU4A2" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
[amazon box="B00LGLHUA0" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
Rolling Pin, Knife or Food Processor
[amazon box="B00755KNCS" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
Mason Jars for Storing
[amazon box="B088CRY3DQ" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
[amazon box="B0BL8BXQ5V" template="horizontal" description_items=1]
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake
To prep the crust:
- Twist open all of the Oreo cookies and remove the vanilla creme inside and put it into a small bowl.
- Add cookie pieces to a food processor or place them into a ziptop bag to crush with a rolling pin. Crush the chocolate cookies into fine crumbs and set them aside.
To Make the Filling:
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, cooking filling, and vanilla extract until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk to your bowl and mix until well combined.
- Carefully, fold in half of the Cool Whip and combine.
- Fold in the rest of the Cool Whip along with the crushed peppermint and mix.
- Continue to fold until the white whipped cream streaks are no longer visible.
- Place peppermint cheesecake mixture in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until it is slightly firm to the touch. You can cover this mixture with plastic wrap if desired.
Make the Crust:
- While the filling is chilling in the fridge, mix the melted butter with the chocolate cookie crumbles in a small bowl or in the food processor bowl.
- Divide between the jars and place crust crumbs in the bottom of your jars.
- Once the chilled peppermint cheesecake layer is ready, transfer it to a pipping bag to be able to neatly pipe the filling into the jars. Trust us, this extra step is worth it.
- If using large jars, you can add more cookie crumbs about halfway through the jar before topping with more filling and crushed peppermint on top if desired. This gives the jars a layered look.
- If using smaller jars, you can add more crumble with crushed peppermint candies on top of the cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy or store properly in the refrigerator for later.
Do not let your peppermint cheesecake recipe sit idle at room temperature. Due to the nature of the ingredients, if you are not eating your cheesecake you need to refrigerate it.
No bake peppermint cheesecake should be stored in an airtight container- or in the Mason jars and kept in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
If you want to freeze your Peppermint Cheesecake you can. If this is your plan from the beginning, be sure to use a freezer safe container to make the cheesecake in.
Trade peppermint candies. Instead of using smaller peppermint candies, you can use various candy canes for a similar flavor.
Swap out the crust. Instead of the Oreo cookie crust, try a graham cracker crust, or a vanilla cookie Oreo crust. Both would be made the same way bub would bring other fantastic flavors to make some more delicious holiday desserts!
Add marshmallow. You can add some marshmallow fluff to the cheesecake batter if desired.
More pink. If you want your creamy cheesecake filling to be more pink, you can use a little bit of food coloring to get it to your desired shade of pink.
More mint. If you want even more peppermint flavor, add a teaspoon peppermint extract to the creamy peppermint cheesecake batter. You can also top with crushed peppermint bark if desired.
- You can use add the peppermint to a food processor to chop it up or you can add it to a ziptop bag and beat it with a rolling pin.
- If you want a nice smooth texture, you'll need to pulverize your peppermint candies into a powder so it's easier to work into the cheesecake filling.
- If not making these in jars, be sure you cover your container with plastic and aluminum foil before placing the final cheesecake in thw refrigerator.
- If possible, use room temperature cream cheese as it's easier to whip together.
- Step this simple dessert up another level by garnishing with a homemade white chocolate ganache!
What other cookies can I use?
As we mentioned above you can use vanilla oreo cookies, graham crackers or even other choices like Biscoff cookies to create the perfect crust for your cheesecake.
Use whatever you have on hand and whatever floats your board for this easy dessert recipe.
How can I turn these into gifts?
It is really easy to turn any cheesecake in a jar or anything in a jar, into a gift. Simply print out our Made with Love Stickers and place them on top of the Mason Jar lid. Then wrap a ribbon around the jar neck.
If desired, you can tie a candy cane around the jar as well. We also recommend printing out or writing out some sort of storage instructions and a best by date for your gift recipient.
Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! Whatever you celebrate, make it even more meaningful with a homemade gift like this!
More Cheesecake Recipes
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies finely crushed filling removed and saved
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the filling
- 1 Container cool whip
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 12 cookie fillings
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½-1 cup peppermint finely crushed
These Nutritional Facts are ESTIMATED. Your actual nutritional info with this recipe may vary depending on the brands you choose. “Mason Jar Recipe” is not a registered dietician or nutritionist. The provided nutritional info above is based on a generic calculator, if you want more accurate info, use your nutritional calculator of choice where you can choose brands and get more info that way.
Keep On Sippin' On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later