Who loves a little bit of heat and sweet together in their salsa? If that’s you, this Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe is one of the best! It’s a fast and simple salsa that pairs well with chips, veggies, fish, tacos, and more! Your summer meal prep is set with this mango and pineapple salsa!
We’re all about the dip. Let me clarify that. We’re all about the easy dip. Since this pineapple mango habanero salsa is as simple as dicing, mixing, and serving, it really doesn’t get any better than this.
We’re pretty sure that you just might forgo dipping anything into it and you might just gobble it up with a spoon. No judgement here, we’ve been there!
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Speaking of flavorful recipes, be sure to check out our Mouthwatering Creamy Deviled Egg Dip. This is another great dip that would be a fun addition.
The great thing about making your own salsa at home is that you’re able to use garden fresh ingredients and fresh fruit when it’s in season. No additives, no ingredients that you can’t pronounce – just raw and simple foods that are full of flavor.
This recipe is really light and refreshing and is a must once the heat of summer arrives.
While this can easily be made to eat at home, larger batches are simple to whip up as well. Making and taking this to your next family function or outdoor gathering is sure to be a delicious hit!
💕 Why You’ll Love This Easy Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
- Literally, no cooking involved at all
- It’s the perfect balance of sweet and heat
- You can easily use this as a dip or a topping
- It’s a simple way to add more fresh fruit and ingredients into your diet
The flavor of the pineapple and mango mesh wonderfully! Speaking of mango, check out my Mango Margarita Mason Jar Recipe as well!
🥭 Mango and Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
We said that this salsa recipe was simple – this is the proof! Just gather up the fresh ingredients listed below to get started!
Get more info on these ingredients in the recipe card below.
- fresh pineapple
- sweet kernel corn
- red onion
- fresh cilantro
- red bell pepper
🔪 Tools Needed for Pineapple Habanero Salsa Recipe
Measuring Cups and Spoons
- HIGH QUALITY DURABLE AND STURDY – These Laxinis World Measuring Cups and Spoons are made of highly satin brushed with best quality stainless steel which will never rust! They are durable and attractive looking, easy to clean, and can be placed in the dishwasher safely after using.
Knife and Cutting Board
- VERSATILE KITCHEN CUTLERY SET: This knife and cutting board set from Social Chef comes with the essential tools for chopping, dicing, cutting, and mincing a variety of food.
✏️ How to Make Pineapple Mango Salsa
It doesn’t get much easier than the simple directions written below!
- Add all the prepared ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well and chill until you’re ready to eat.
🥣 Helpful Tips
- Remember that this is a salsa recipe so you’re going to cut the mango and the pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Adding in the red bell pepper and the jalapeno are optional but bring some extra sweetness and spiciness to your dish.
- You can serve this recipe in a serving bowl or use half of a pineapple as your bowl!
🍲 Recipe Variations
Here are some small changes you can easily do to change up the flavor of this salsa.
Add different fruits – You can swap out the pineapple and use strawberries or even avocado slices and chunks.
Add in red bell pepper– this is an optional ingredient that we initially planned on adding but loved it so much this way that we held off. But it would be a great addition to try later.
💎 How to Store This Mango Habanero Salsa
All you need to do to store this simple salsa recipe is store it in an airtight container, like your Mason jar or something similar and keep it chilled in the fridge. You can store this salsa in the fridge for up to a week.
How do you know when a pineapple is ripe?
The biggest clue is to do a sniff test. Smell the base of the pineapple and see if you smell any sweetness. If you do, that’s a big clue that it’s ripe and ready. The other is by coloring. If you see yellow, it’s ripe.
How do you make a pineapple boat?
If you want to be fancy, serve this simple salsa in a pineapple boat! Start by putting the pineapple on its side and using a serrated knife to cut the pineapple.
Put the knife a little bit off the center, and make a cut under the stem. Once it’s cut, use a pairing knife to cut an outline of the pineapple rim, leaving some of the pineapple meat to hold the boat together.
Make a rectangle shape in the center with the knife and then scoop it out with a spoon on both side.
Use the knife to loosen the core and then cut meat off the bottom so you can eat it still. Repeat for the second side, and then fill up with salsa.
Turn pineapple on its side. You’ve just created a really cool serving bowl for the salsa!
🤤 Other Delicious Summer Recipes
Looking for even more light and refreshing recipes, you’re going to love these!
- 36 Mason Jar Cocktails and Drinks for Summer
- Simple Patriotic Red White and Blue Italian Soda
- Delicious Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1¾ cups mango diced
- 1½ cups pineapple
- 1½ cups sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup red bell pepper optional
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and store in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
Keep On Sippin’ On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later