As alcoholic drinks go you can’t get much better than this Pomegranate Margarita. Tangy and delicious with tequila and fresh pomegranates this is the perfect cocktail for the holiday season.
When you think of cocktails, many of us consider making up a pitcher of margaritas for a holiday party and this pomegranate margarita is a festive cocktail with a difference. A classic cocktail that is a sweeter drink than some other margaritas you might enjoy.
We are positive you could get through an entire pitcher quite easily. Yum!
Whether it is happy hour in your home or you just want the perfect cocktail to enjoy at this time of year this pomegranate cocktail is going to become a firm favorite year after year. An easy cocktail to make full of fruity flavors.
If you were looking for the best tequila cocktails then one of the best ones we have is the Cranberry Apple Margarita. It is tangy, sweet, and sour, all in one delicious cocktail. Sip on one of these while making a batch of Red Velvet Heart Crinkle Cookies.
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
💜 Why You’ll Love This Pomegranate Margarita
- Your new drink of choice – delicious and tastes amazing
- One for the adults – This is definitely a drink for over 21s
- Super easy to make – It’s all made in the same mason jar
- Pomegranate Juice
- Triple Sec
- Ice Cubes
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Pomegranate
- Lime wedge or slice
Mason jars for serving
- 5-PACK CANNING JARS - 16-ounce jars perfect for canning, pickling, preserving, and fermenting fruits and veggies. Embossed measurement markings ensure precise filling, and a label line lets you write dates and contents.
Cocktail shaker (optional)
- Add Master Mixologist to Your Resume: Curated by KITESSENSU with the cocktail enthusiast in mind, this 3-piece cocktail shaker set has everything mixology kit you need to make cocktails, whether you’re a bartender looking for quality drink mixer set, or a home mixologist to get started creating and serving drinks from your own entertainment space
How To Make The Pomegranate Margarita
- Coat the rim of the glass or mason jar with lime juice and roll in the coarse salt. You could also use margarita salt if you have it.
- Add a few ice cubes to make sure the cocktail is cold. If you are using a cocktail shaker you will want to add ice to that as well.
- Pour in the tequila and the triple sec. Then top off with the pomegranate juice.
- Garnish with a slice of lime or lime wedge, fresh pomegranate, and a sprig of rosemary.
- Cheers and enjoy your wonderful margarita.
Make this a mocktail. Just don’t add the tequila and triple sec to make it a mocktail. We would recommend adding some orange juice to make this a more substantial mocktail and is a great replacement for the triple sec flavor.
Make frozen margaritas. You could freeze the cocktail in the freezer and make frozen cocktails. Perfect for summer parties.
Add different fruit. You could always add different fruit to this cocktail recipe. Strawberries or citrus fruit will all work well and give it an incredible fruity flavor.
Use fresh pomegranate juice. If you have a juicer you could make your own fresh juice to add to the cocktail.
Tips & Tricks
- Using a cocktail shaker can help to make more than one pomegranate margarita. The ice is important to add to the cocktail shaker as well as separately in your chosen cocktail glass.
- Increase the quantities to make more than one cocktail or to create a pitcher.
- You can use cocktail glasses instead of mason jars.
If you have any leftovers of the margarita then you could store them in an airtight container or seal your mason jars with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Make sure you give the cocktail a good stir before drinking it.
You could store a pitcher in the refrigerator if you want to make this pomegranate margarita ahead of time. Add some plastic wrap over the top to keep it fresh and give the cocktail a good stir before serving. We doubt there will be any leftovers of this incredibly festive cocktail.
What tequila should I use for this cocktail recipe?
Blanco tequila is what is usually used for margarita recipes. It is of good quality, an unaged spirit, and is clear. But you can use silver tequila or gold tequila. It is all down to personal preference.
Can I use margarita salt instead?
Sure. You can use margarita salt if you have it however coarse salt will work just as well.
Other cocktail recipes
- Cupids cocktail – This is a tasty grenadine, lemon, lime, and rum cocktail that is easy to make and delicious to share.
- Peppermint White Chocolate Cocktail – Four ingredients and a few handfuls of crushed peppermint candies are all that’s needed to whip up this delicious Peppermint White Chocolate Cocktail. It’s ready in a few minutes and really brings a delicious taste and feel to your evening.
- Easy Grinch Cocktail – There’s no reason to be crabby after a few sips of our apple vodka Grinch Cocktail. With a hint of lemon-lime soda and a few ice cubes, you can turn that frown upside down in a matter of minutes.
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- Ice Cubes
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Pomegranate
- Lime Slice
- Coat the rim of a glass with lime juice and roll in coarse salt.
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Pour in the tequila & triple sec.
- Top off with pomegranate juice.
- Garnish with a lime slice, fresh pomegranate & rosemary.
Keep On Sippin’ On Something Sweet
Pin It For Later